So unless you’ve been sleeping or living in a TARDIS recently, you’ll know that Apple have just finished announcing iPhone 4S. Outside the same, inside all different.
Now that Apple’s website is back online, you can watch some video and look at pretty pictures and see how great the iPhone 4S is going to be, but you came here for the lowdown. So here it is.
Essentially, if you have an iPhone 4, I’d say stick with it. If you have a 3G or 3GS (or heaven forbid a classic 2G!) then it’s worth the upgrade. Simples.
If you have an iPhone 4 and you use it a lot then I would recommend the 4S. It’s harder, better, faster and stronger. Here’s why:
- A5 dual core processor. The same that’s used in iPad 2 making iPhone’s performance and graphics twice as fast!
- 8MP Camera. It ain’t about the MP, it’s about the quality. The sensor captures 60% more pixels for sharper and brighter images.
- HD Video. Not the HD you’re used to. Full 1080p recorded with live image stabilisation to create stunning video.
- Smart Twin Antenna’s. No more dropped calls and it doesn’t matter how you hold it.
- Siri the Smart Assistant. Taking voice recognition to a new level allowing you to dictate messages and emails, discuss your calendar and create/change appointments and it literally answers you back. You have to see it to believe it.
- Airplay Mirroring. Not just video out, wireless to your Apple TV you can stream everything on your iPhone. Video, web pages and more importantly, games. A wireless controller streaming your games to your TV in HD.
- Find My Friend. OK, this is a general iOS 5 thing but this is gonna be awesome. Your friends share their location for brief periods of time and you can check in to see where they are. Perfect if you’re meeting up with friends on a night out or at a festival!!
Apple have hinted at prices for the iPhone 4S in the UK starting at £499 but whether this is with a contract or not, I don’t know.